Census Information: Home
The United States Constitution includes directives for carrying out a census of the population every 10 years.
Gateways to Federal and State Data
- US Census Bureau QuickFactsQuickFacts provides statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
- Oregon U.S. Decennial Census and American Community Survey ResultsFrom the state Office of Economic Analysis
- Statistical Abstract of the US - HistoricalThe Statistical Abstract of the United States has been published since 1878. It is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States. Sources of data include the Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and many other federal agencies and private organizations
- United States Census BureauPortal to detailed Census data previously included in American FactFinder, DataFerrett, and other discontinued Census products. Unlike QuickFacts, which provides a general introduction to Census data, this site offers access to complex and detailed demographic, economic, and industry information.
- Social ExplorerSocial Explorer is an online research tool designed to access current and historical U.S. Census data and demographic information. It contains maps, profile reports, data elements, and variables.
- Bibliography of Data-Related LiteratureMaintains publications and citations based on the Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) data and archives.
- PolicyMapProvides mapping, data, and analytics tools on U.S. demographics, real estate, health, jobs, education, and more topics. Mapping allows for multiple layers and editable data ranges.
- CensusScopeDeveloped by the Social Science Data Analysis Network (SSDAN) at the University of Michigan.
- America: History and LifeIncludes citations of articles and books on the history and culture of the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
- EconLitProvides citations and abstracts of international journals, books, dissertations, and working papers on economics.
- Historical AbstractsFind citations to academic articles on world history (except the U.S. and Canada), from the 15th century to the present.
- Microdata Access Tool (MDAT)Create custom tables using public use microdata with the Microdata Access Tool.