Chicano/Latino Studies: Home
Library Services for Summer Term 2021
The Library's 1st floor is open for students to pick up items at the circulation desk and use the computer lab (limited seating available). Please visit Library Services - Summer 2021 for more information. Laptops, wifi hotspots, and other equipment are available for checkout.
- Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff can request books, DVDs, and CDs using the Circulation Desk Pickup Request form and pick them up at the Circulation Desk during open hours. Or you can request the items be mailed to you home using the Home Delivery Request Form.
- Get help right away via Ask a Librarian
In This Guide
Chicano/Latino Studies The academic field of Chicano/Latino Studies owes its origin to the 1960s Chicano/Mexican American civil rights movement, the Puerto Rican civil rights movement, and their efforts to open universities to Latino students, and to promote university-community links that improve the status of Latino populations.
Chicano/Latino Studies is interdisciplinary, one can discover articles and books in the areas of psychology, education, literature, history and more.
Use the tabs above to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Encyclopedias & Reference Sources- Get background information on your topic from encyclopedias and other reference resources recommended on this page
- Finding Articles - search for articles online and in print. Recommends the best resources for finding articles.
- Books & eBooks- find books (print and online), and also learn how the library can get you books we don't have in our collection.
- Videos and Images - find films (both streaming and on DVD), as well as Images.
- Citing Your Sources - Resources on how to format your citations and how to create reference lists for papers.
Photo by Jay Galvin. Cesar Chavez Mural, Chicano Park, San Diego. California.
by Amy Stanforth Last Updated Mar 2, 2021 1060 views this year
by Emily Ford Last Updated Jun 15, 2021 125 views this year
United States History
by Joan Petit Last Updated May 18, 2021 287 views this year
by Joan Petit Last Updated May 18, 2021 206 views this year