Chicano/Latino Studies: Home
The Library is open for PSU students, faculty, and staff to access the stacks, study spaces, computer labs, and Learning Center appointments. Your PSU ID card is required to enter the building.
The Circulation Desk is open for checking out course reserves, laptops, and other equipment, as well as library materials. Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff can request items be mailed to you using the Home Delivery Request Form. More information can be found on the Library Services page.
Get help right away via Ask a Librarian
In This Guide
Chicano/Latino Studies The academic field of Chicano/Latino Studies owes its origin to the 1960s Chicano/Mexican American civil rights movement, the Puerto Rican civil rights movement, and their efforts to open universities to Latino students, and to promote university-community links that improve the status of Latino populations.
Chicano/Latino Studies is interdisciplinary, one can discover articles and books in the areas of psychology, education, literature, history and more.
Use the tabs above to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Encyclopedias & Reference Sources- Get background information on your topic from encyclopedias and other reference resources recommended on this page
- Finding Articles - search for articles online and in print. Recommends the best resources for finding articles.
- Books & eBooks- find books (print and online), and also learn how the library can get you books we don't have in our collection.
- Videos and Images - find films (both streaming and on DVD), as well as Images.
- Citing Your Sources - Resources on how to format your citations and how to create reference lists for papers.
Photo by Jay Galvin. Cesar Chavez Mural, Chicano Park, San Diego. California.
by Amy Stanforth Last Updated Aug 23, 2022 1842 views this year
by Emily Ford Last Updated Aug 23, 2022 116 views this year
United States History
by Joan Petit Last Updated Aug 23, 2022 624 views this year
by Linda Absher Last Updated Jun 1, 2022 257 views this year