Engineering and Technology Management: Home
In This Guide
This guide will help you begin your research in Engineering and Technology Management through the libraries' collections and beyond.
Use the tabs to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Find Articles - search for articles online and in print. Recommends the best resources for finding Engineering and Technology Management articles.
- Reports & Dissertations - find technical reports, government reports, books, dissertations and theses.
- Conference Proceedings - find conference proceedings and options for getting the materials and information on citation formats, citation management tools and more
- Standards - find sources for technical information and specifications
- Organizations & Web Sources - find professional organizations, scholarly societies and other quality web resources.
Core Online Library Resources
These are likely to be the best online sources in which to start your research
Industry classification systems are created to promote data comparability. NAICS (current version) and SIC (older version) are the most widely used in the United States. You can search by codes to find information on industries or sectors in many databases and government websites. However, NAICS and SIC focus on broader industry activities and may not have a specific code for niche/emerging industries. Many databases (e.g., Hoover's) also have their own classification systems.