Business Tutorials: Database Tutorials
List of Databases
Click to find the tutorials:
- Vendor-provided Tutorial on the NEW InterfaceCompany profiles, industry profiles, SWOT, financials, investment reports, market shares, articles, etc..
Business Source Premier
- Finding MarketLine company profile (incl. SWOT) [2-minute video]Business description, history, key employees, products, competitors, SWOT, etc.
- Finding MarketLine industry profile (incl. Five Forces Analysis) [4-minute video]Market size, segmentation, outlook, Five Forces Analysis, leading companies, etc..
- Finding country reports (incl. PESTEL analysis) [3-minute video]Country reports (population, economy, risks, opportunities, etc.), PESTEL analysis.
- Finding articles in Business Source Premier [5-minute video]Search techniques, sharing and exporting results, etc..
In the IBISWorld database, click on the question mark on the upper right hand side of the page to access more tutorials and help information. Below is a list of tutorials provided by the vendor:
- Overview of My IBISWorld (video)University subscription is IP-based and therefore doesn't have personalized features such as bookmarks. The search and reports are the same.
Investext (via Mergent Online)
- Investext (via Mergent Online) tutorialFinding analyst reports (some with SWOT analysis) on (mostly public) companies and select industries.
- Mergent Online tutorialFinding and using a company profile, and doing a side-by-side financial comparison between companies.
- Vendor-provided TutorialMarket size, trends and forecasts, consumer demographics and attitudes, market shares, etc..
Portland Business Journal
Reference Solutions (previously ReferenceUSA)
- Finding company information [3-minute]Company listings; estimated sales of private companies.
The following is a list of documents from the publisher on their methodology behind the numbers:
RMA eStatement Studies
- Simmons Insights tutorialDemographic and psychographic data on US adult consumers. Create Quick Reports on target market and Crosstabs to compare targets. Includes user manuals.
SMA (Sports Market Analytics)
- Finding sports participation data and consumer expenditures [1-minute video]Sports participation, market size, demographics, price points, retail outlets, brand shares.
- Finding statistics and reports [5-minute video]Statistics and reports on companies, industries, consumers, countries, and more.
WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services)
- WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services) tutorialDatasets in business, economics, finance, and sustainability