International Business: Country Data
Most of the Country Profiles databases/websites include statistics. Below are resources that primarily focus on country data.
Country Statistics: Library Databases
- PassportContains extensive statistics and analyses on countries, industries, companies, and consumers.
- StatistaClick Reports on the top navigation bar, then click Country Reports.
- Europa World and/or the Regional Surveys of the WorldCovers political and economic information about countries and territories, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
- IMF DataData from the International Monetary Fund. Includes International Financial Statistics, Balance of Payments Statistics, Direction of Trade Statistics, Government Finance Statistics, and more. As of Jan 1, 2015, IMF data are freely available.
- OECD iLibraryProvides full text access to books, journals, and statistical databases produced by Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development's (OECD) online library.
Country Statistics: Free Websites
- World Bank DataFree data sets and research reports from World Bank, including World Development Indicators, Global Development Finance, World Development Report, Global Economic Monitor, and more.
- eurostatData and reports on the EU and candidate countries. Topics include population, economy, finance, industry, trade, transportation, environment, energy, science, and more.
- Census - International ProgramsTabular data for countries and regions (demographic indicators, population pyramids, etc.) between 1950 and 2050 (projection).
- International Economic StatisticsProvides links to individual indicators (such as GDP and CPI) for each country, as well as a detailed description of the data. Descriptions are searchable by title, country, subject, and keyword.
- International Labor Comparison by Bureau of Labor StatisticsInternational comparison of the labor markets in selected countries. Data include employment in different sectors, unemployment, hourly compensation costs, etc.
- ILOSTATInternational labor statistics by International Labour Office. Data include employment, unemployment, wages, etc.
- UNCTAD StatisticsStats by UN Conference on Trade and Development. It provides data on trade, economy, foreign direct investment, external financial resources, population/labor, commodities, information economy, creative economy, and maritime transport.
- UNdataData sets from multiple international organizations; topics include energy, environment, finance, industry, labor, trade, and more.