Maps & Other Cartographic Information: Atlases
- Historical Atlas of the Twentieth CenturyOnline Historical Atlas
- Atlas of the UniverseAn Online Atlas of the Universe
- UN Atlas of the OceansThe UN Atlas of the Oceans provides information relevant to the sustainable development of the oceans. It is designed for policy-makers who need to become familiar with ocean issues and for scientists, students and resource managers who need access to databases and approaches to sustainability. - See more at: http://www.oceansatlas.org/about/en/#sthash.MGOhWb88.dpuf
- Atlas of Oregon LakesThe online atlas highlights lake and reservoir water data stored within the Pacific Northwest Water Quality Data Exchange (PNWWQX). The PNWWQX collaborates between a variety of information management projects to facilitate the aggregation of and access to a comprehensive source of data related to water quality in the Pacific Northwest.
- Mars AtlasAtlas provided by the Mars Exploration Program
Atlases in the Map Collection have individual Library of Congress call numbers (from DS 654 to G 8310) and can be found by searching the Library's catalog. Because they can be quite large, the collection is split into regular and oversized atlases. Please look in both ranges of shelves for your publication.
In addition to these collections, some Oregon and Washington atlases are readily available for browsing in the Ready Reference Atlas Collection on (in transit).
Metsker County Atlases
The Metsker County Atlases are bound in flexible, red leatherette covers, one for each county of Oregon. Each page is a township map drawn to scale (2" = 1 mile). The maps show property ownership, plats, roads, trails, creeks, rivers, lakes, railroads, forests, towns, schools, camps, government lot numbers, donation land claims, as well as sections, townships, ranges and more. Most maps were last produced in the 1960's and 1970's.
These are shelved in Atlas Cases (in transit). They are indexed in the Library's catalog.