Urban Studies: Home
The Library is open for PSU students, faculty, and staff to access the stacks, study spaces, computer labs, and Learning Center appointments. Your PSU ID card is required to enter the building.
The Circulation Desk is open for checking out course reserves, laptops, and other equipment, as well as library materials. Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff can request items be mailed to you using the Home Delivery Request Form. More information can be found on the Library Services page.
Get help right away via Ask a Librarian
In this Guide
The Toulan School of Urban Studies & Planning at Portland State University offers multidisciplinary programs and houses several research institutes. They all focus on a common goal-- understanding metropolitan regions, issues, and policies. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of Urban Studies research, you'll find use of the resources listed in this guide, but may also wish to explore the related guides linked on this page.
Image courtesy of Aaron Hockley
Use the tabs above to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Reference WorksFind reference books and full-text online reference sources.
- Books & eBooksFind books in the library and eBooks.
- Articles & MoreFind articles and other scholarly literature.
- Find Statistics/DemographicsFind the best places for statistics useful for research and study of urban studies and planning.
- Grey LiteratureUnderstand grey literature and how to search for it.
- Government ResourcesFind local, regional, national, and international government resources.
- Citing SourcesFind out how to properly cite sources.
Urban Studies Librarian
Urban & Regional Planning
by Emily Ford Last Updated Apr 10, 2023 628 views this year
Portland & Oregon
by Amy Stanforth Last Updated Nov 30, 2022 394 views this year
by Emily Ford Last Updated Oct 26, 2022 218 views this year
Real Estate Development
by Emily Ford Last Updated Nov 15, 2022 58 views this year
Environmental Science and Management
by Elizabeth Pickard Last Updated May 11, 2022 669 views this year