WR 327 Technical Report Writing: Journal and magazine articles
Databases for finding journal articles
In addition to using a search engine such as Google Scholar to identify journal articles, effective researchers also rely on subject-specific databases that focus on particular disciplines. When you use a disciplinary database to identify articles, more of your results are going to be directly relevant to your topic.
PSU Library subscribes to hundreds of databases. On almost all of the Library's subject guides, there will be a page identifying the databases that are important for that subject. Use these to help you navigate to databases in your field.
Once you've found articles using the database, click the Find it @ PSU link to get to the full text of the article.
Selected Databases of Interest
- Business Source PremierProvides full text and citations to articles in various business publications; also includes company profiles, industry profiles, and country information.
- ACM Digital LibraryIncludes citations and full text articles from the Association for Computer Machinery (ACM) journals, newsletters, and conference proceedings. content from 1951-2000 is readily available to everyone regardless of PSU affiliation.
- InspecIndexes records of international scientific and technical articles in the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, and physics.
- IEEE XploreIndexes full text IEEE and IET journals, conference proceedings, and standards.
- Agricultural & Environmental ScienceProvides citations, abstracts and full text of articles in agriculture, aquaculture, environmental, ecology, food and human nutrition, and water resources journals, conference proceedings, EPA reports, and books.
- Environment CompleteProvides full text journals, books, and reference works that cover agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, renewable energy sources, natural resources, marine and freshwater science, geography, pollution and waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts along with urban planning.
- ScienceDirectIncludes full text of articles published in Elsevier journals covering agriculture, humanities, genetics, biology, business, accounting, chemistry, engineering, computer sciences, earth and planetary sciences, economics, materials science, medicine, neuroscience, physics, psychology, and other social sciences. Also includes access to selected 2006 imprints of Elsevier ebooks.
- Web of ScienceMaintains citation searching for high impact research journals in the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences and includes emerging sources citation indexing from 2005.
Searching for a Known Article Video: PSU Library Catalog
Find a Specific Article
If you have an article citation, see whether or not the PSU Library holds the full text or print article:
1. Use Google Scholar from the PSU Library web site, enter the title of the article in the search box.
2. If the article is available in full text or print, click on Find it @ PSU.
3. The Download Article link provides the full text article, the journal level for it, or the call number for the article in print.
If PSU Library does not have the article in full text or in print, order the article from Interlibray Loan & ArticleDelivery.