French Language & Literature: Home
Subjects: Art & Art History, Film, World Languages & Literatures
In This Guide
Locating articles in French may take a little extra effort. Please review the find article section of the Research Guide for Vernacular or Non-English Resources for more background and tips on locating and retrieving materials in French.
Use the tabs to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Find Articles - search for articles online and in print. Recommends the best resources for finding articles.
- Reference Works - Get background information on your topic, identify key authors and works, and more by using bibliographies, subject encyclopedias and biographical sources recommended on this page.
- Web Sources - data and primary sources related to archaeology that you can mine for your research, videos, professional organizations, scholarly societies and other quality web resources.
Core Online Resources
- Le Petit RobertOnline French Dictionary.
- ARTFLARTFL is comprised of more than 3,500 French language texts spanning from the 12th through the 20th centuries.
- Critical InsightsProvides access and searching capability to the Critical Insights book series comprised of classic and current literary criticism.
- Grangers World of PoetryComprised of full text poetry, poetry citations, commentaries, biographies, and bibliographies.
- Johns Hopkins Guide to Literary Theory and CriticismOffers full text articles on critics, and literary theorists as well as critical and theoretical schools and movements.
- Literature Resource CenterProvides reference, literary timelines, and articles on authors, journalists, and critics from all literary periods. Covers literary genres such as fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, history, and journalism.
- MLA International BibliographyIndexes citations to journal articles, dissertations, and books about world literature, literary criticism, language, linguistics, and folklore from 1921 to the present.