Electrical and Computer Engineering: Home
Resources in electrical engineering, electronics and computer engineering
In This Guide
This guide will help you begin your research in Electrical and Computer Engineering through the libraries' collections and beyond.
Use the tabs to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Find Articles - search for articles online and in print. Recommends the best resources for finding Electrical and Computer Engineering articles.
- Reports & Dissertations - find technical reports, government reports, books, dissertations and theses.
- Conference Proceedings - find conference proceedings and options for getting the materials and information on citation formats, citation management tools and more
- Standards - find sources for technical information and specifications
- Careers, Organizations & Web Sources - find professional organizations, scholarly societies, career information, and other quality web resources.
IEEE - Spectrum
Core Online Library Resources
These are likely to be the best online sources in which to start your research.
- InspecIndexes records of international scientific and technical articles in the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, and physics.
- IEEE XploreIndexes full text IEEE and IET journals, conference proceedings, and standards.
- IET Inspec AnalyticsProvides research data to discovering trends and publication patterns in engineering and physics disciplines.
- ACM Digital LibraryIncludes citations and full text articles from the Association for Computer Machinery (ACM) journals, newsletters, and conference proceedings. content from 1951-2000 is readily available to everyone regardless of PSU affiliation.
- CiteSeerConsists of literature on computer and information science.
- SPIE Digital LibraryMaintains full text proceedings, journals, and books published by SPIE on optics and photonics from 1990 to present.
- SciTech ConnectOffers free, publicly-available,Department of Energy (DOE) sponsored R&D results including technical reports, bibliographic citations, journal articles, conference papers, books, multimedia, and data information.
- Web of ScienceMaintains citation searching for high impact research journals in the arts and humanities, social sciences, and sciences and includes emerging sources citation indexing from 2005.
- Google ScholarGoogle Scholar searches the academic, scholarly Web for peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles. Searching Google Scholar from the Portland State University Library will identify full text articles available from PSU Library resources as well as open access articles from other universities and colleges.
Science & Engineering Librarian
Office Hours by Appointment
Subjects: Architecture, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics, Physics