Electrical and Computer Engineering: Conference Proceedings
How to find Conference Proceedings
Papers presented at conferences are a major source of information in engineering. Unfortunately they can be somewhat difficult to find. If you have a paper from a conference follow this process in order to obtain a copy:
- Determine the sponsor of the conference. If it is one of the associations listed below in this box, follow the link to get to the paper.
- If it is not one of those organizations then you will need to search to see if we (or Summit) own a paper copy of the proceedings of the conference. Determine the name of the conference (not including the number, year, and location of conference).
- Search in the Library Catalog to see if we or any of our Summit partners owns a copy of the conference proceedings.
- If it is unavailable through WorldCat Local then you will need to do an interlibrary loan request to get a copy of the paper.
- American Society of Civil Engineers: paper proceedings (online proceedings coming shortly)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers: paper proceedings (online proceedings coming shortly)
- Association for Computing Machinery: ACM Digital Library
- Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers: IEEE Xplore (1988 to present), microfiche collection (1983-1987)
- SPIE: SPIE Digital Library
Indexes to Conference Proceedings
Citation Management Tools
With these tools you can collect book and article citations from the library catalog and databases. Then using a plugin for MS Word, you can insert those citations into your paper in the appropriate format.
See the library guide, Manage Citations with Zotero, Mendeley, and EndNote, on how to use these tools.