Data Analytics for Business: Key Databases/Websites
Data in Business Databases
Below is select list of library databases where you can find business-related data. These are somewhat processed data, NOT on an individual respondent level. For the full list of business databases, check out the Databases & Articles list.
- IBISWorldIn an industry report, click Key Statistics on the left menu to find industry-related statistics.
- Mergent OnlineIn a company profile, under the Financials tab, you can download multiple years of public company financial data.
- MintelClick on Databook under Download in a given report to get consumer data in Excel.
- PassportContains extensive statistics and analyses on countries, industries, companies, and consumers.
- StatistaProvides statistics from over 18,000 free and proprietary sources on a wide range of topics such as business, media, and demographics.
- Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS)Provides access to datasets in business, economics, finance, and sustainability (such as Compustat North America, CRSP, Dow Jones, Eventus, MSCI, TRACE, and more). Access limited to current PSU students, faculty, and staff. After logging in with PSU ID, user will get a 3-day Access Pass. Log in again to get another one after the previous pass expires. User may also request an account
Data in Other/Multiple Disciplines
Below is a select list of statistical databases in other/multiple disciplines. For a full list, check Databases & Articles - Statistics & Datasets. Or check out the Subject Guides (some guides may have a "Find Statistics" section).
- Data Planet FoundationsContains national, state-level, and local level historical data for the areas of agriculture, crime and law enforcement, defense, economy, education, employment and labor, energy and environment, geography, government finances, health, households and housing, political science, population, social welfare as well as transportation. Replaces Sage Stats.
- Historical Statistics of the United States - Millennial EditionConsists of U.S. demographic and economic statistics from colonial times to the present.
- ICPSR (Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research)Archives social science data that includes aging, child care, criminal justice, demography, education, political science as well as public and mental health.
- OECD iLibraryProvides full text access to books, journals, and statistical databases produced by Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development's (OECD) online library.
- PolicyMapProvides mapping, data, and analytics tools on U.S. demographics, real estate, health, jobs, education, and more topics. Mapping allows for multiple layers and editable data ranges.
- Proquest Statistical Abstract of the United StatesMaintains the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic conditions of the United States.
- Social ExplorerSocial Explorer is an online research tool designed to access current and historical U.S. Census data and demographic information. It contains maps, profile reports, data elements, and variables.