In This Guide
Chemistry is a vast subject area which encompasses many sub-areas and also integrates into many other fields. It is most generally defined as the study of the composition, structure, and properties of substances and the transformations that they undergo. In this subject guide you will find resources to get you started doing research in inorganic, organic, analytical, physical, and biological chemistry.
Use the tabs to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Find Articles - search for articles online and in print. Recommends the best resources for finding articles.
- Find Books - find print and eBooks.
- Reference Works - Get background information on your topic, identify key authors and works, and more by using subject encyclopedias recommended on this page.
- Data and Web Sources - raw data related to chemistry that you can mine for your research, professional organizations, scholarly societies and other quality web resources.
- Citing Sources - Information on citation formats, citation management tools and more.
Core Online Library Resources
These are likely to be the best online sources in which to start your research for journal articles