USP 316 - Community Organizing & Social Change: Researching the Movement
- Look for newspaper articles that were published around the time of the event or movement you're researching to gain some context of the event.
- Look for any editorials written and/or published from the movement's perspective.
- To find editorials and opinion pieces, consider adding "editorial" or "opinion" as keywords in your search.
- If your social movement is more recent, you will find less information on it in peer-reviewed articles and other resources.
- Use subjects in book and article records to inform how you can modify your search strategies.