Transportation: Reference Works
Why Reference Works?
Scholarly reference works are useful for the following:
- An overview of a topic
- Topic ideas for a paper topic or narrowing your topic
- Finding keywords for searches
- Bibliographies for further research
Reference works are good starting points for research, but are rarely cited in research as secondary sources.
Search for Reference Sources (PSU Only)
Full-Text Online Reference Databases
- Sage eReferenceContains full text encyclopedias and reference books in the social sciences and humanities. Search by keyword or browse by topic.
- Oxford Reference OnlineContains full text subject encyclopedias, reference works, dictionaries, and handbooks in all disciplines.
- Oxford Handbooks OnlineContains full text Oxford University Press handbooks on topics in the fields of business, management, philosophy, political science, and religion. Handbooks provide overview, background, historical synthesis and reference lists.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (Portland State University Library Content)Features full text scholarly encyclopedias and reference works. This expanded collection of the Oregon Gale Virtual Statewide Reference Library includes Portland State University purchased titles.
- Transportation Planning Handbook (ebook) byISBN: 9781119174660Publication Date: 5 JUL 2016
- Planning and Urban Design Standards byCall Number: TH2031 .P55 2006 -- 2nd Floor ReferencePublication Date: 2006-02-03
- Carfree Design Manual byCall Number: HT166 .C73 2009 -- 3rd FloorPublication Date: 2009-04-01
- Transport and Information Systems byCall Number: HE151 .T634 2003 -- BasementPublication Date: 2003-01-01
- The SAGE Handbook of Transport Studies byCall Number: HE151 .S24 2013 -- BasementPublication Date: 2013-01-01
- Urban Transportation Innovations Worldwide (ebook) byPublication Date: 2015-03-15
- Urban Transport in the Developing World byCall Number: HE311.D44 U74 2011 -- BasementPublication Date: 2011-05-31