Japanese Language & Literature: Find Articles
Find it @ PSU
If the article you have found in a database doesn't have the full-text right there, click on the button to see if the article is available in full-text in another database. If we do have it, it will take you to a page that shows you where it's available (if you see a Download Article link, you can click to access the electronic copy).
Journal Title Search
Request a Book from the Library Catalog
Core Online Resources
- Le Petit RobertOnline French Dictionary.
- ARTFLARTFL is comprised of more than 3,500 French language texts spanning from the 12th through the 20th centuries.
- Critical InsightsProvides access and searching capability to the Critical Insights book series comprised of classic and current literary criticism.
- Grangers World of PoetryComprised of full text poetry, poetry citations, commentaries, biographies, and bibliographies.
- Johns Hopkins Guide to Literary Theory and CriticismOffers full text articles on critics, and literary theorists as well as critical and theoretical schools and movements.
- Literature Resource CenterProvides reference, literary timelines, and articles on authors, journalists, and critics from all literary periods. Covers literary genres such as fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, history, and journalism.
- MLA International BibliographyIndexes citations to journal articles, dissertations, and books about world literature, literary criticism, language, linguistics, and folklore from 1921 to the present.
Additional Journals of Interest:
- JAIRO: Japanese Institutional Repositories OnlineA source for academic information (journal articles, theses or dissertations, departmental bulletin papers, research papers, etc.) accumulated in Japanese institutional repositories* that can be searched for cross-sectionally.
- Journal@rchiveArchive site of J-STAGE operated by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). Humanities titles are growing as well. 168 million articles are now archived.(March 2012)
- Bibliography of Oriental StudiesMonographs and journal articles on East Asian studies in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Western-languages.
- Early Modern Japan: an interdisciplinary journalA publication of the Early Modern Japan Network (EMJNet), an interdisciplinary, international community of specialists of early modern Japan (ca. late 16th to late 19th century).
- Japan ReviewPublished by the International Research Center for Japanese Studies. Japan Review solicits outstanding manuscripts relating to Japan. It also publishes shorter Research Notes, Review Articles as well as annotated translations of important texts.
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)Indexes journal citations and other publications covering all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, and semantics.
- Historical AbstractsFind citations to academic articles on world history (except the U.S. and Canada), from the 15th century to the present.
- Google ScholarGoogle Scholar searches the academic, scholarly Web for peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles. Searching Google Scholar from the Portland State University Library will identify full text articles available from PSU Library resources as well as open access articles from other universities and colleges.
- JSTORContains full text articles from major research journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences. Coverage of most journals starts from the beginning of a journal's publication and typically excludes the most recent three to five years.
- ProjectMuseIndexes citations for books and articles as wells as full text articles and ebooks from scholarly presses.