Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why Reference Works?
Reference works are an excellent first stop in your research and are incredibly useful for the following:
- Getting an overview of a topic
- Getting ideas for a paper topic or narrowing your topic
- Brainstorming keywords for searching and learning the vocabulary used by authors in that area
- Discovering the key works on a given topic
- Discovering the key authors on a given topic
CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
Publication Date: 2014
Useful for many data tables: physical constants of chemical compounds, vapor pressures, lattice energies, properties of metals and semiconductors, optical constants, magnetic properties, etc.
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias