Guide for Library Research in Physics
In This Guide
Use the tabs above to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Find Articles - search for articles online and in print. Recommends the best resources for finding physics articles.
- Find Books - find out which areas of the collection have relevant materials.
- Reference Works - Get background information on your topic, identify key authors and works, and more by using subject encyclopedias and handbooks recommended on this page.
- Data and Web Sources - raw data, professional organizations, scholarly societies and other quality web resources that you can mine for your research and other quality web resources.
- Citing Sources - Information on citation formats, citation management tools and more.
Core Online Library Resources
These are likely to be the best online sources in which to start your research for journal articles
- InspecIndexes records of international scientific and technical articles in the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, and physics.
- Compendex (Historical)Historical access to citations and abstracts for engineering and the applied sciences from 1884-1969.
Science & Engineering Librarian
Office Hours by Appointment
Subjects: Architecture, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics, Physics