Public Administration: Books & eBooks
- Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance byCall Number: ebookISBN: 3319209280Publication Date: 2018
- Management in Public Administration : Developments and Challenges in Adaption of Management Practices Increasing Public Value byCall Number: ebookISBN: 9783658226879Publication Date: 2018
- Public Value and Public Administration (ebook) byCall Number: onlineISBN: 162616262XPublication Date: 2015-08-28
- Surveillance, Transparency, and Democracy (ebook) byCall Number: onlineISBN: 9780817388768Publication Date: 2015-08-01
- Creating Public Value in Practice byCall Number: JC423 .C736 2015 - 3rd FloorISBN: 9781482214604Publication Date: 2015-02-13
- Bureaucracy and Self-Government byCall Number: JK411 .C66 2014 -- 3rd FloorISBN: 1421415518Publication Date: 2015-12-01
Browse for Books
Sometimes browsing the library stacks can help you find books you didn't even know you were looking for. The following are good areas to peruse.
HB, HC: Economic theory, conditions
HD: Industries, labor
HF: Business, accounting, and marketing
HJ: Public finance
JF: Political institutions and public administration
JK: US politics and government
KF: US law
KFO: Oregon law
RA: Public health
Maps of the library are available at the 2nd floor Reference Desk, elevator lobbies, and also online.
For a comprehensive list of ebook packages, please visit the Databases and Articles page to sort library resources by ebook format. The following are recommended for starters.
- ProjectMuseIndexes citations for books and articles as wells as full text articles and ebooks from scholarly presses.
- Business Expert Press Digital LibraryCollects applied, concise ebooks on a wide range of business topics including management, accounting, supply chain, international business, and entrepreneurship.
- Sage Research Methods OnlineContains full text, Sage research methods books, handbooks, and encyclopedias. Includes videos and interactive mapping tools.
- Taylor and Francis ebooksProvides full text access to Taylor and Francis selected ebooks as well as ebooks from Routledge.
PSU Library Catalog - Book Search
Results include both print books and ebooks, available from Portland State Library and other libraries.
Find Books by Subject
After you find a useful book, scroll down to the "Details" tab of the book's "Subjects." Here you'll find a list of related subjects that you might consider adding to your search. You can also click on a subject link in the record, e.g. clicking on "Administrative agencies" would bring up a list of all the Library's books, journals, etc. on that topic.
To modify your search to include a subject, use the advanced search. The advanced search allows you to type in your desired subject and be sure to specify your search field as "in subject."
|Administrative Law||Environmental Policy||Intercultural Communication||Public Administration -- United States|
|Affirmative Action Programs||Environmental Protection||International Organization||Public Contracts|
|Benchmarking (Management)||Environmental Risk Assessment||International Relations||Public Lands|
|Civil Service||Finance, Public||Knowledge Management||Public- Private Sector Cooperation|
|Collective Bargaining||Forest Policy||Medical Policy||Social Sciences -- Research-- Methodology|
|Common Good||Globalization||Natural Resources -- Government Policy||Strategic Planning|
|Communication in Organizations||Health Services Administration||Non-governmental Organizations||Sustainable Development|
|Conflict Resolution||Housing Policy||Nonprofit Organizations||Urban Ecology|
|Crisis Management||Human Services||Operations Research||Urban Transportation Policy|
|Disaster Relief||Industrial Management||Organizational Change|
|Emergency Management||Industrial Organization||Organizational Learning|
|Energy Policy||Industrial Productivity||Personnel Management|