UNST 421-510 Meditation and Service - Padbury: Avoid Plagiarism
When you present someone else's work or ideas as your own, that is plagiarism, whether accidental or intentional. Plagiarism is taken seriously as a form of academic misconduct. Citations are an essential part of your paper or presentation.
Plagiarism can be:
- Copying someone's words without giving them credit;
- Using someone's ideas or concepts without giving them credit;
- Misrepresenting someone's ideas or concepts;
- Copying images or music without permission or without proper attribution;
- Citing incorrectly by citing the wrong source or having incomplete or inaccurate citations;
- Failing to acknowledge the contribution of others in work produced collaboratively.
Check your assignment for the required citation style before writing your references and endnotes.