CHLA 450U: Latinx in Education: Welcome!
Welcome to your Library Course Guide!
Welcome to your Portland State University Library (PSU) Challenge library guide for CHLA 450U: Latinos in Education! Here you will find useful information about Library resources and services to support your academic success! Take time to browse the web pages that you can access from the navigation bar. There are videos and screenshots that describe key ways to approach your research for papers and presentations.
If you have any questions, Ask a Librarian!
The Library is open for PSU students, faculty, and staff to access the stacks, study spaces, computer labs, and Learning Center appointments. Your PSU ID card is required to enter the building.
The Circulation Desk is open for checking out course reserves, laptops, and other equipment, as well as library materials. Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff can request items be mailed to you using the Home Delivery Request Form. More information can be found on the Library Services page.
Get help right away via Ask a Librarian
Use databases to identify articles that have been published on your topic. The databases listed below provide academic articles regarding aspects of Chicano/Latino Studies, or they are multidisciplinary in their focus but include coverage of Chicano/Latino issues. You may find that you want to look for topics from the perspective of particular discipline. You can choose a disciplinary database from the Library's subject listing of databases.
- Latino Studies - Oxford BibliographiesProvides a seamless pathway to the most accurate and reliable resources for a variety of academic topics. Written and reviewed by academic experts, every article in our database is an authoritative guide to the current scholarship, containing original commentary and annotations.
- ERIC (EBSCO interface)Includes citations and full-text access to education research found in journals, books, and grey literature.
- Education Research CompleteIncludes citations and full text articles from education research journals, books, and conference papers.
- Ethnic NewswatchIncludes current newspapers, magazines, newsletters, and community publications of the ethnic, minority, and native presses. Includes scholarly journals on ethnicities and ethnic studies. Provides full text in English and Spanish.
- Sociological AbstractsIndexes citations to journal articles, book chapters, dissertations, and conference proceedings in the field of sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences.
- Arte Publico Hispanic Historical CollectionsContains a digital collection of historical content pertaining to U.S. Hispanic history, literature, and culture from colonial times through the 20th century. Content is in both Spanish and English.
- America: History and LifeIncludes citations of articles and books on the history and culture of the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
- American WestContains manuscripts, books, maps, photos, and other materials focusing on the American West.
Signing in to Access Library Resources Video
This video describes the different ways to sign in to access library materials.
Related Library Guides
by Linda Absher Last Updated Jan 6, 2023 129 views this year
by Michelle Desilets Last Updated Feb 21, 2023 214 views this year
by Kimberly Pendell Last Updated Jan 6, 2023 391 views this year
Report a Resource or Video Error
The Library strives to provide accessibility to all online content. If a library resource or video is not accessible, or you cannot retrieve it or view it, please let us know using our Report an Error form.