ACTG 495 Integrated Accounting Issues: Find Information
About the Guide
Welcome, ACTG 495 students! Suggestions for identifying and finding information on a current business topic for your presentation:
BROWSE: if you just want to get some inspiration to see what's being reported in the media
- Browse key business publications (on publisher website or through the PSU Library; links below)
- Browse key business article databases (links below)
- Browse Google Business News
- Browse issues mentioned on corporate watchdog sites
SEARCH: if you have specific country/region, company, or topic in mind; search in the resources mentioned above.
If the article is not available from the PSU Library, you can request it through Interlibrary Loan at no cost to you.
Key Business Publications
- Wall Street JournalOffers full text articles in The Wall Street Journal (Eastern edition, 1984-present) and the online edition (2010-present ), excluding stock quotes and classified ads. Updated daily.
- New York TimesProvides full access to the New York Times from 1980 to present.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeekFull text from 1996 to present.
- The EconomistFull text from 1988 to present.
- Financial TimesFull text from 1999 - 30 days ago (30-day embargo by publisher). Library also maintains last six months in print and older copies on microfilm. See print version.
Corporate Accountability Watch
- Business & Human Rights resource CentreTracks "news and allegations relating to the human rights impact of over 20,000 companies."
- Corporate Subsidy Tracker & Violation TrackerTracks economic development subsidies and other forms of government financial assistance to business, as well as regulatory violations by businesses.
- CorpWatch"Non-profit investigative research and journalism to expose corporate malfeasance and to advocate for multinational corporate accountability and transparency"
- Federal Contractor Misconduct DatabaseA "compilation of misconduct and alleged misconduct committed by the top federal government contractors from 1995 to the present."
- OpenSecrets.org - Organization ProfilesOnline directory of corporate lobbying and donations to political parties and candidates. Use the "Search for an organization" search box (left side of the screen) to search by company name.
Key Business Article Databases
- Business Source PremierArticles from newspapers, magazines, trade publications, and academic journals.
- Nexis UniArticles from newspapers, magazines, wire services, Web news, blogs, etc..
Searching for a Known Article Video: PSU Library Catalog
Office hours by appointment