Curriculum & Lesson Plans: Home
Curriculum: State Resources
Professional Association Curriculum & Standards Sources
- Standards for the English Language Arts - Links to standards as well as pages offering discussion and background on their development.
- Read Write Think
- Principles and Standards for School Mathematics
- NCTM Illuminations - "Gateway to Standards-Based Mathematics Education". Includes links to lesson plans, multimedia teaching units, selected web resources, reflective teaching materials.
- Curriculum Standards for Social Studies: Expectations of Excellence - Introductory sections excerpted from the full-length standards publication. (Expectations of excellence : curriculum standards for social studies available in PSU Library -- LB1584 .E97 1994.
Education World's Links to Standards - A listing of content areas with links to standards articulated by the subject area
EdSitement - National Endowment for the Humanities K12 curriculum site
Evaluating material found on the Internet
The internet is a fabulous resource for teachers and students. One caution though is that unlike edited publications, you are on your own to decide currency, accuracy, bias, and relevance. Critical evaluation of resources is always important but even more so in the web environment. These resources provide some overviews and checklists for evaluating web resources.
Finding Information on the Internet: A Tutorial -- An excellent comprehensive tutorial covering search engines, search strategies and content evaluation techniques.
Resources in PSU Library
Find books, journals, government documents, and other holdings in PSU Library
Subject headings for books about teaching and pedagogy in specific subject areas follow this pattern:
specific topic-- study and teaching (educational level)
- language arts -- study and teaching -- primary
- mathematics -- study and teaching -- elementary
- social sciences -- study and teaching -- secondary
- biology -- study and teaching -- higher