International Studies: Find Country and Regional Information
Country Profiles and International Data
These resources will provide information and statistics about your country or region.
- Europa World and/or the Regional Surveys of the WorldCovers political and economic information about countries and territories, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
- CIA FactbookDetailed information on communications, economic conditions, geography, government, people, military, transportation, & transnational issues for nearly all nations. Maps provided for all nations.
- UN DataData from the United Nations. Searchable and browseable by country.
- World Bank DataFree and open access to data about development in countries around the globe.
- OECD iLibraryProvides full text access to books, journals, and statistical databases produced by Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development's (OECD) online library.
- UN Human Development ReportsCan read the latest report or look at data, by country, that went into creating the report.
- BBC Country ProfilesProfiles the history, politics, media, economic conditions, & statistical data for nations.
- Country Statistical Agencies ListA list of the official statistical agencies for each country with links.
- EIU Viewpoint (Economist Intelligence Unit)Reports on country commerce, country finance, and doing business in various countries. Now called EIU Viewpoint
- World Development Indicators (WDI) OnlineProvides real and financial sector indicators in daily, monthly, quarterly and annual frequencies for developing and high-income countries; regional and global aggregates, such as industrial production, consumer prices, merchandise trade, exchange rates and equity market data.
Asian Data Sources
- ASEANstatsSelected key indicators about ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) and its Member States.
Middle East and North Africa Data Sources
- BASEIND (Basic Social and Economic Indicators) DatabaseThe SESRIC BASEIND (BAsic Social and Economic INDicators) Database provides data on 266 socio-economic variables under 18 categories for the 57 Organisation of the Islamic Conference Member Countries dating back to 1970.
African Data Sources
- African Development Bank Group Data PortalThe Portal provides multiple customized tools to gather indicators, analyze them, and export them into multiple formats.
Latin American Data Sources
- CEPALSTATCEPALSTAT is the gateway to all the statistical information of Latin America and the Caribbean countries collected, systematized and published by ECLAC (Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean).
- Latin American Public Opinion ProjectLAPOP is the premier academic institution carrying out surveys of public opinion in the Americas, with over thirty years of experience. Every two years it carries out the AmericasBarometer survey, which currently covers 26 nations including all of North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean.
- Inter-American Development Bank Statistics and DatabasesSearchable statistics and indicators for countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- LANIC Latin American Network Information CenterLANIC's mission is to facilitate access to Internet-based information to, from, or on Latin America.
European Data Sources
- EuroStatEurostat’s mission is to provide the European Union with a high-quality statistical information service.
- UK Data ServiceA unified point of access to data from ESDS, Census Programme, Secure Data Service and others in the UK.