Public Speaking & Rhetoric: Newspapers
Newspapers are excellent resources for discovering viewpoints and opinions, particularly for current event topics. Try searching newspapers with your keywords and adding keywords like
Example: "Obama" and "opinion"
- Academic Search PremierProvides selected full text, scholarly, and peer reviewed articles in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
- Ethnic NewswatchIncludes current newspapers, magazines, newsletters, and community publications of the ethnic, minority, and native presses. Includes scholarly journals on ethnicities and ethnic studies. Provides full text in English and Spanish.
- Gale Onefile News (InfoTrac Newsstand)Provides access to leading international newspapers, major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers as well as selected transcripts from popular television and radio news programs in the U.S.
- Nexis UniIncludes full text sources for regional, national, and international newspapers as well as business, legal, and medical publications, and also, government documents.
- Newspaper SourceProvides selected full text of regional and national newspapers in the U.S., as well as international newspapers. Also contains television and radio news transcripts.
- Oregon Newspaper IndexIndexes the Oregonian (Portland, 1852-1987) as well as the University of Oregon student newspaper, The Daily Emerald, and The Register-Guard (Eugene).
- Wall Street JournalOffers full text articles in The Wall Street Journal (Eastern edition, 1984-present) and the online edition (2010-present ), excluding stock quotes and classified ads. Updated daily.
Journal Title Search
Find it @ PSU
If the article you have found in a database doesn't have the full-text right there, click on the button to see if the article is available in full-text in another database. If we do have it, it will take you to a page that shows you where it's available (if you see a Download Article link, you can click to access the electronic copy).