Civil and Environmental Engineering: Standards
Resources for civil engineering and environmental engineering
Standards can be difficult to find. The Library only has two sets of (relatively) current standards:
- American Society for Testing of Materials (ASTM): 2008 Annual Book of ASTM Standards (5th floor, TA401 .A653 2008)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE): IEEE Xplore
In addition, the Library also has standards from 1983 from three other organizations:
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) - Reference TA368 .A515
- American Society for Quality Control (ASQC) - Reference TA368 .A54
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) - Reference TA368 .A555
If you need other standards your options are:
- Do an interlibrary loan request. We have about a 50% success rate getting standards.
- Purchase a copy of the standard from the issuing organization at their Web site.