|Welcome Print Page|
In This Guide
This guide will help you find sources related to conflict resolution in the interdisciplinary literature:
Use the tabs above to navigate through the following pages of the guide:
- Find Articles - Tips for searching and links to multidisciplinary and subject-specific databases related to conflict resolution.
- Conflict Resolution Journals - Links to journals in the library collection focused on conflict resolution and related research areas.
- Find Books - Tips for finding books in the library collection
- More Resources - Data sources, research methods, and more.
- Cite Sources - Information on citation formats, citation management tools and more.
Researching Conflict Resolution
Because Conflict Resolution is a field that overlaps with many other disciplines, there is no one database that covers all of its literature. The best way to pursue your research a topic is to consider which field concerns itself with your research question. Does it relate to educational settings, business mediation, interpersonal conflict, international conflict, or another area? Consider which fields would have researchers writing about your topic and then explore the databases and other research tools that relate to those fields.
Here are some examples:
|Research or project topic||Fields where researchers might be exploring this topic|
|Bullying prevention in middle schools||Education|
|How people in a group or non-profit communicate||Psychology, Sociology, Business, Communications|
|Conflict resolution in marriages||Psychology|
|Restorative justice||Political science, Criminal Justice, Sociology|
How do you know which discipline to choose? Here's one strategy: try searching for your topic (or some smaller parts of it) in encyclopedias, and take note of which discipline has the most coverage of that topic. The search box below searches a wide rage of social sciences encyclopedias.