Open Educational Resources (OERs): Use Library Resources
About Using Library Resources
PSU Library subscribes to a wealth of materials you may wish to incorporate into your course assignments. Students can access these resources at no cost. While not technically Open Educational Resources, they do help to curb the cost of purchasing expensive textbooks. Information about identifying persistent links to articles is available here.
If the desired content is part of the Library's print holdings, an article or book chapter can be scanned and made available through the Library's e-reserves system. Search the library catalog to ensure we have the article, chapter, etc. and place it on e-reserve.
- Academic Video OnlineProvides a comprehensive collection of academic streaming media videos from multiple subject areas.
- Docuseek2 CollectionProvides access to academic or scholarly documentaries, social issues films, and videos. Closed captions and/or subtitles available for many, but not all, titles.
- Ethnographic Video OnlineProvides videos on the visual study of human culture and behavior. Contains classic and contemporary documentaries produced by leading video producers in anthropology. Closed captions and/or interactive transcripts are available for many, but not all, titles.
- Films On DemandStreaming videos in the humanities & social sciences, business & economics, science & mathematics, health & medicine, technical education, family & consumer sciences, careers & job searching, and guidance & counseling. Closed captions and/or interactive transcripts are available for many titles.
- Other Streaming Film & Music at PSUPSU Library purchases or subscribes to streaming media and audio from several vendors, and each platform varies. Search the PSU Library catalog for streaming film and audio available at PSU Library.
PSU-Licensed Images and Media
- American WestContains manuscripts, books, maps, photos, and other materials focusing on the American West.
- ArtStorThe ARTstor Digital Library, a non-profit resource, consists of images in art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences.
- Berg Fashion LibraryProvides text and image content on world dress and fashion throughout history.
PSU-Licensed eBooks and Media in the Catalog
PSU Library subscribes to a wealth of online materials you may wish to incorporate into your course assignments. When you search the Library catalog you can filter your results for eBooks, Streaming Audio, or PSU Online Sources to find these.
You can also browse the eBook collections the Library holds.
- Music Online: ListeningA comprehensive online collection of jazz recordings by renowned artists, performances, and record labels. Closed captions are not available.
- Naxos Music LibraryContains CDs and tracks of music reflecting the standard as well as specialized repertoire. Music is available from leading independent labels. Includes opera synopses and libretti as well as composer and artist biographies. Subtitles are available for some titles.