Theater & Drama: Web Sources
Quality Resources on the Web
- The Medieval ReviewSince 1993, The Medieval Review (TMR; formerly the Bryn Mawr Medieval Review) has been publishing reviews of current work in all areas of Medieval Studies, a field it interprets as broadly as possible. The electronic medium allows for very rapid publication of reviews, and provides a computer searchable archive of past reviews, both of which are of great utility to scholars and students around the world.
- Portland State Library Special CollectionsSpecial Collections is home to over 5,500 rare, unique or historically significant items dating from the 15th century to the present and encompassing a broad range of formats including books, journals, manuscripts, papers and records, photographs, maps, comic books, audio-visual material, realia and ephemera.
- New York Public Library for the Performing ArtsThe Library houses one of the world's most extensive combination of circulating, reference, and rare archival collections in its field.
- ArtStorThe ARTstor Digital Library, a non-profit resource, consists of images in art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences.
- Theatre Communications GroupTheatre Communications Group (TCG), the national organization for the American theatre has nearly 700 Member Theatres and Affiliate organizations and more than 12,000 individuals nationwide. TCG offers its members networking and knowledge-building opportunities. TCG is the nation's largest independent publisher of dramatic literature
Theatre Bay Area - Theatre Directory
- BBC Shakespeare PlaysView BBC productions of William Shakespeare's 37 plays delivered via streaming and downloadable media files. The plays can be viewed in full or in act length segments. Closed captions are available.
- Films On DemandMaintains a collection of streaming videos, educational films, and video segments in the humanities & social sciences, business & economics, science & mathematics, health & medicine, technical education, family & consumer sciences, careers & job searching, and guidance & counseling. Closed captions and/or interactive transcripts are available for many, but not all, titles.
- Kanopy Streaming ServiceProvides streaming access to selected documentaries and films including selections from the Criterion Collection. Closed captions and transcripts are available.