Sustainability: Find Books
Requesting Books from Summit
When you find an item in the catalog that has a Find & Request link, then the book or video is checked out or not in our collection.
- First, sign in to the catalog for borrowing privileges at Summit;
- You can request the book by clicking on Find & Request, then select Request from Summit (a partnership of academic libraries in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho);
- It takes approximately five days to receive an item through Summit;
- When your item is available for check out at the 1st floor Circulation Desk, you will be notified by PSU email.
Request Books through ILL
If a book you need is not available either through PSU or Summit, you can request it (mostly) for free through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). It can take up to 12 days to receive a book through Interlibrary Loan.
The PSU Library does not order textbooks through Interlibrary Loan.
PSU Library Catalog - Books
Results include both print and ebooks, available from Portland State Library and the Summit Libraries.
Find Books Using Subjects
Find books on your topic by using a keyword search to find relevant subject headings. For example, search the keyword, Sustainability, in the PSU Library catalog. Under the details for the book entitled, Sustainability, the subject headings lead to other relevant books on this topic. The Subject links in the left-hand column provide pertinent results too.
PhD Dissertations and Master's Theses offer in-depth research on a wide array of topics. To find dissertations and theses written by Portland State University students, search Vikat, the PSU Library Catalog, and follow these steps:
(1) Select Advanced Keyword Search
(2) Leave the default, Any Field selected and enter a broad topic (eg: Sustainability) in the search box
(3) Using the "Limit to" drop-down list, select PSU Theses & Dissertations
The following resource, Dissertation Abstracts International, allows you to search for dissertations and theses published outside of the University, but keep in mind that we may not own the item here at the PSU Library.