U.S. Elections: Voter Suppression
The following suggestions will be helpful when searching databases and resources, including those listed on the Elections Research Basics page.
Useful Subject Terms:
- Elections -- Corrupt Practices
- Voter registration -- Corrupt Practices
- "Voter supression"
- "Voter deception"
- "Voter purges"
- Felony Disenfranchisement in America: Historical Origins, Institutional Racism, and Modern Consequences Pettus, Katherine Irene byCall Number: E-BookISBN: 1593320612Publication Date: 2004-10-01
- Locked Out: Felon Disenfranchisement and American Democracy byCall Number: E-BookISBN: 9780195149326Publication Date: 2006-03-30
- The Politics of Voter Suppression byCall Number: E-BookISBN: 0801450853 : Defending and Expanding Americans' Right to VotePublication Date: 2012-08-15
- Suffrage Reconstructed: gender, race, and voting rights in the Civil War era byCall Number: E-BookISBN: 9780801450860Publication Date: 2015-11-06
- Uncounted : the crisis of voter suppression in the United States byCall Number: E-BookISBN: 9781479862351Publication Date: 2020-01-28
Voter Suppression Studies by Nonprofit Organizations
Legal and Legislative Resources
- Investigation of Voter Suppression, House Committee on Oversight and Reform"As part of a broad effort to promote the integrity of our nation’s elections, Ranking Member Elijah E. Cummings launched an investigation into alleged efforts to suppress the vote through voter registration fraud and voter challenges."
- Voter Fraud, Voter Suppression, and Other Election CrimesGuidelines on reporting voter suppression via usa.gov
- Voter Identification Requirements by StateNational Conference of State Legislatures summary and comparison of voter IDs for each state
- ProQuest CongressionalContains citations and full text to U.S. legislative information from 1970 to the present, with additional coverage of Congressional hearings from 1824 to 1979.
- Congressional Hearings Digital CollectionCollects full text, abstracts, and citations for U.S. legislative information, regulations, and news with augmented full text coverage of Congressional hearings for 1824-1979. Updated daily when Congress is in session.