U.S. Elections: Research Organizations
- American National Election Studies (ANES)ANES conducts national surveys of the American electorate in presidential and midterm election years and carries out research on various issues on elections.
- Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies (CCPS)This site provides an integrated teaching, research, and study program focusing on Congress and the presidency and the interactions of these two basic American institutions. Its projects include federal election project, improving campaign conduct, etc.
- Center for Governmental StudiesThis is and archived site for a nonprofit, nonpartisan 501(c)(3) public charity which studied and helped implement innovative approaches to improving social problems and the processes of self-government. Its research projects included 2003 electronic filing and disclosure survey, judicial elections, campaign finance etc.
- Comparative Study of Electoral Systems (CSES)CSES, a collaborative program of cross-national research in over fifty states, conducts research on the effects of electoral institutions on citizens' attitudes and behavior, and democratic institutions across different political regimes.
- ElectionLineA non-partisan, non-advocacy organization providing up-to-the-minute news and analysis on election reform. See their resource library for more information on the Help America Vote Act (HAVA). Their interactive map lets one see numbers of registered voters, voting age population, voting system used etc.
- International Committee for Research into Elections and Representative Democracy (ICORE)ICORE is a group established at an ECPR research session on electoral democracy in 1989. Its membership consists of the directors of established surveys of national electorates in Europe.
- International Foundation Election System (IFES)IFES, a non-profit NGO, has been part of the electoral process in over 100 countries lending its expertise to supporting the four pillars of democracy. Provides election results, dates, and related web sites.
- Pew Research Center - U.S. PoliticsThis site contains links to survey reports from the Pew Research Center on U.S. Politics & Policy.
- Political Studies AssociationThe Political Studies Association was founded in 1950 and develops and promotes the study of politics. The Association is affiliated to the International Political Science Association and represents its members on the Council of that body.
Elections News from Google News