PAH 570: Health Administration: Overview
This guide was created to support Dr. Kaimanu's PAH 570 course.
- Direct link to an e-book version of the assigned textbook, Olden's Management of Healthcare Organizations, 3rd edition, 2019. This is freely accessible to all members of the PSU community.
- Guide to appropriate citation.
- Guide to finding peer-reviewed articles.
- Summary of library services, including interlibrary loan, home delivery, and equipment/book check-out.
- Guides to finding statistical information and agency reports.
- Contact information for additional assistance through reference email and 24/7 chat.
About the Librarian
Normally I'd have an opportunity to meet with you all in person, but unfortunately the COVID-19 pandemic makes that impossible.
I am an Assistant Professor at PSU, where I serve as the Government Documents & Social Sciences Librarian.
My duties involve: teaching research methodology and information literacy, managing the Federal Depository collection, and providing research and reference assistance to students, faculty, visiting researchers, and the public. I serve as a Library liaison to the College of Urban and Public Affairs, managing collection development for Economics, International and Global Studies, and Public Administration. I also provide Data Management Services to the university through workshops, consultations, class sessions, and online guides.
Before moving to Portland, I was a faculty member at Drew University (NJ) and the former legislative librarian to the North Dakota State Legislature. I'm originally from Buffalo, NY, where I earned a Ph.D. and MLS. My areas of research are: History of Higher Education; Access to Government Information; Data Management; Academic Professionalization. Full CV (8/27/20) Here.