Guides & Tutorials
After logging in, click on the "Support" and "E-Learning" tabs to get access to a large number of guides, tutorials, and other documentations on how to use WRDS.
You can email WRDS Support if answers are not found in the above sections.
The Getting Started guide below is great for beginners and people that haven't used WRDS for a while.
What is WRDS?
Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is a data research platform that provides single-point access to a wide range of datasets across multiple disciplines including finance, accounting, economics, and sustainability.
Available Datasets for PSU
PSU subscribes to a number of datasets on WRDS. Available datasets are listed under "Current Subscriptions" on the left side of the page after logging in. Core subscriptions are:
- Compustat North America: U.S. and Canadian fundamental and market information on active and inactive publicly held companies.
- CRSP: security price, return, and volume data for the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ stock markets.
- Audit Analytics: audit information on over 1,200 accounting firms and 15,000 publicly registered companies.
- KLD: social ratings (corporate social responsibility) on public companies
- Eventus: event studies using data read directly from CRSP stock databases or pre-extracted from any source.
WRDS Reps for PSU
WRDS representatives approve, update, and disable user accounts. We strive to respond to your account request within 24 hours.
If you don't get a response for more than 3 business days, feel free to email us or contact WRDS support.
- Brian Bolton, SBA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kerry Wu, Library, email@example.com